Part of the Month July 2016
Technology: Precision milling
Precision machining center:
- Milling of a 90 mm long profile in hardened steel
- Perpendicularity to the surface 0.01
- Line shape of the profile 0.01 mm -> because of using the C-axis, Z must be stable within 5 microns during the entire milling process
- Programming of tool tracks in a way that possible tool wear is not visible on the surface
- Selection of the optimal step size for fulfilling the surface requirements in the shortest possible turnaround time
- Determining the tool position behavior with a pre-process
- Iterative procedure: milling, measuring, milling, ...
- Because of the excellent reproducibility of the KERN Pyramid Nano, the gauge block could be achieved by iteration milling. Each correction was imported successfully, directly from the measuring machine results
- 110 mm
- Feel free to contact us!